Finding a paycheck software for small business needs is rarely at the top of the list for new business owners. However, investing in an effective payroll tool can save both time and money – resources that are very valuable for burgeoning businesses. But what happens after a business owner decides to get a payroll software? What should they expect?
Advanced Micro Solutions has the tools you need to bring your business up to speed. Whether you’re looking for a comprehensive forms filer, a payroll software, or a simple W-2 and 1099 filer, our tools can help. AMS software is designed with small business needs – and budgets – in mind.
Setting Up a Paycheck Software for Small Businesses
Getting started with AMS Payroll, our accounting and payroll software, is easy. Here’s what business owners should do when they start using a payroll software.
- Gather and enter relevant employee data. Employees use Form W-9 to provide employers with relevant personal information. Remember to collect data for contractors, too. If they meet the $600 threshold, you’ll need to provide them with a 1099 form at the end of the tax year. Once you’ve collected a worker’s information, enter all relevant data into your tax software. Depending on how frequently you hire or contract with new workers, this process may be ongoing.
- Home in on deductions and additions. Payroll isn’t as simple as multiplying hours worked by hourly pay. Some employees make deductions and additions, like retirement contributions and health insurance. Payroll tools like AMS Payroll have a large range of user-defined fields for employers to specify employee needs.
- Understand which taxes you need to pay. Employers are required to withhold a certain amount of local, state, and federal taxes. Once you’ve determined which taxes you’ll need to withhold, the payroll software can automatically calculate and deduct funds from paychecks.
- Calculate, record, and distribute pay. Once all relevant information is entered, you can begin running payroll. Some software tools, like AMS Payroll, will automatically save this information throughout the process. This data can then be exported to the W-2/1099 Forms Filer for end-of-year processing. Additionally, employers should understand how employees and contractors would like to receive payment. The best paycheck software for small businesses can facilitate both direct deposit and check printing.
Create a Customized Suite with Advanced Micro Solutions
In addition to offering a user-friendly payroll program, Advanced Micro Solutions provides a suite of add-on modules. Here’s how it works: A new user purchases our base platform, the W-2/1099 Forms Filer. Then, they pick and choose the other software tools they might need. Some prioritize AMS Payroll, our paycheck software for small business needs. Others are looking for a digital forms filer platform, like our Forms Filer Plus. We offer six distinct software tools to assist with a wide range of small business needs.
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Software Generated Forms
- AMS Payroll
- AMS E-File Software
- Forms Filer Plus
If you’re not sure whether AMS is the software for you, consider our free demo program. This is a great opportunity to take the software for a test drive. If you’re still not sure, give us a call at 800-536-1099. Whether this is your first paycheck software for small business needs, or perhaps you’re only in need of an upgrade, AMS is the answer.