Payroll automation software is among the most important investments a burgeoning business can make. Automating payroll calculation and distribution can free up a significant amount of time. Now, there are a variety of payroll automation software tools available at accessible prices – perfect for small business needs.
AMS Payroll is one such automation software. This tool, an add-on module to our W-2/1099 Forms Filer, can automate and standardize employee and contractor payroll. Switching to an efficient system will allow your company to reap rewards for years to come.
The Benefits of Payroll Automation Software
Automatic and semi-automated payroll can help businesses become more efficient. Whether you’re using a manual payroll tool or still completing documents by hand, here are the ways you can benefit from a software upgrade:
- Accurate Payroll Accounting: Using an automated payroll tool means certain calculations are automatically completed. This reduces the risk of human error. Automatic calculations are especially important for withholding federal, state, and local payroll taxes. Additionally, businesses who employ workers at different pay levels and rates can reduce mistakes with a semi-automated system.
- Organized Data Storage: Automatic payroll tools often allow users to automatically save and store all generated data. This is crucial for businesses with annual tax and wage obligations. Additionally, most employers are required to maintain payroll records for several years. Automatically moving information into a back-end data storage warehouse makes this process easier.
- Simple Paycheck Distribution: Employers should strive to pay employees in a way that is most convenient for the worker. Manual payroll processing makes this difficult. By contrast, automated payroll allows users to pre-select how an employee would like to be paid. For example, some employees prefer direct deposit. Others prefer checks. Look for tools with default payment options for the most convenience.
- More Time Spent Elsewhere: Payroll calculation and reporting takes a lot of time. In fact, most mid-sized businesses hire a full-time professional to manage the process. When companies transition into payroll automation software, they reclaim the time they might have spent calculating and withholding taxes. This, in turn, saves time and increases efficiency.
Payroll automation software is available at a variety of price points to suit your business’s exact needs. If you’re looking for somewhere to start, the 1099-etc Demo is an excellent option.
Find Affordable Automated Payroll with AMS
Advanced Micro Solutions provides cost-effective and efficient payroll automation software. In addition to automatically calculating tax and wage amounts, this tool offers a variety of premium features. This includes:
- Electronically files 941, 944, and 940 forms
- Prints client letters
- Includes up to 40 user-defined fields, which can be used for deductions and additions
- Supports up to 1,999 payers and 9,999 employees per payer
- Network and multiple PC installation included
- Supports necessary federal payroll forms, including 941, 940, 943, 944, and 1040 SchH
- Imports and exports data to and from a variety of sources
Automated payroll tools aren’t always financially inaccessible. Small businesses with tight budgets can get everything they need from the AMS software suite. Those with lingering questions are encouraged to give us a call at 800-536-1099.