The best payroll system for small businesses can change from year to year. With new technologies and payment structures, some businesses might be on the hunt for a new payroll provider in 2023. If you’re considering updating your payroll and accounting systems, here’s what you need to know – from how to choose the program to which features you’ll need in the coming year.
How to Choose the Best Payroll System for Your Small Business
Choosing the best payroll system for small business needs can be difficult. A payroll system will have to meet certain criteria in order to be a good fit. For most small businesses, prioritize payroll systems that fulfill the following requirements:
- The software fits within your budget without being an uncomfortable stretch
- The tool supports the number of employees/contractors you work with
- The platform supports the state in which you live and/or work
- The system includes any specialized features you need, like deductions and additions, check printing, and electronic filing for certain forms
For most businesses, Advanced Micro Solutions meets all these criteria – and more. Read on to explore some of the top features of our payroll and accounting tools.
AMS Provides the Best Payroll System for Small Businesses
Our accounting and payroll software, AMS Payroll, is the best payroll system available for most small businesses. This tool is both effective and affordable – perfect for meeting all small business payroll software needs. Explore some of our favorite features below:
- Processes both “live” and after-the-fact payroll, providing much-needed flexibility
- Supports up to 1,999 payers and up to 9,999 payees per payer
- Includes up to 40 user-defined fields for personalized additions and deductions, like retirement contributions and healthcare
- Provides the option to print checks or process employee direct deposits
- Automatically calculates federal, state, and local payroll taxes
- Supports essential federal payroll forms, including the 940, 941, 943, 944, and 1040 SchH
- Exports data to the W-2/1099 Forms Filer for end-of-year processing
Software Interaction with AMS Payroll
AMS Payroll is a module that interacts with our other software tools. When users buy our W-2/1099 Forms Filer, they have the option to add additional software tools. AMS Payroll is one such module, but it doesn’t stop there. We offer a full suite of accounting tools designed to meet the specific needs of small businesses. Check out our catalogue below:
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Software Generated Forms
- AMS E-File Software
- Forms Filer Plus
Get Started with AMS Today
If you’re ready to buy AMS Payroll, you can make your purchase when you are ready. However, we understand that some business owners might want additional assurance that we are the right tool. If you’re not sure that we have what you need, try our free demo software. This provides potential users with the opportunity to explore the platform before making a purchase.
Those with additional questions are encouraged to call our Sales and Information Team at 800-536-1099. We have the best payroll system for small business needs. Buy today and transform your accounting for the next tax year.