Getting form 1099 online is easy and free if your filing needs are modest and you plan ahead. Simply use the IRS site and online ordering portal. You can generally expect the forms to arrive within 10 business days, along with the corresponding instructions. If you wait till the last minute or if you have higher volume filing form requirement, things get more complicated. You may need to buy the forms at an office supply store. If you do have larger form filing needs, the most popular solution is to print your own blank forms and take care of your primary scannable forms through an e-file solution. (We’ll get back to this in a minute.)
Finding the Right Form 1099 Online
Form 1099 online instructions are also a big piece of the puzzle. While you’ll receive the instructions in your IRS form packet, you don’t want to order forms you don’t need, and you don’t want to wait a couple weeks to figure out whether it’s better to use form 1099-A or form 1099-C. Determine which 1099 forms you need by first looking at the General Instructions for Certain Information Returns. Once you know the type and number of filing forms, you can get started with confidence.
Software Support Features
In today’s economy, the transition toward more independent contractors and niche products and services mean that some people may have only one or two 1099 forms to file. But for nearly everybody else, at least basic software support for 1099 form preparation and data printing is worth the investment—especially if you know where to look.
Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) offers a foundational platform, the W-2/1099 Forms Filer. For, you can get precisely this kind of efficient and streamlined support for all your Copy A, B, and C form preparation and information printing on pre-printed forms. More simply put, you won’t have to rely on your handwriting skills to complete your filing requirements.
What Our W-2/1099 Forms Filer has to Offer
- Data Entry: Multiple options for entering data include a spreadsheet format or through a screen that resembles the actual form. You can import data from any number of common file types.
- Data Printing & Reporting: Reports include tables, worksheets, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels. Encrypted PDF files are used for security. SSN/TIN hash totals verify data accuracy. Easy form alignment and large-batch print jobs create automated, error-free printing.
- More Features: Free network installation. Multiple PC installation (site license may apply). Payer backup and restore. Supports up to 1,999 payers/employers and up to 99,999 recipients per payer.
Today’s Independent Contractor is Tomorrow’s…
As your business and filing needs grow so can software solution. That’s because in addition to these core software features, our Forms Filer software creates a sophisticated module interaction that allows our customers to build a custom software package that fits their filing needs—including blank form 1099 online printing.
Learn how you can e-file and print your own blank forms at unlimited volumes for one low-price. Here’s our full catalog of products. Don’t hesitate to download our free demo or talk to our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099 about which products make the most sense for your business:
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer (required platform)
- Software-Generated Forms
- E-File Direct
- Payroll Module
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Forms Filer Plus