An IRS 1099 form is something that applies to individuals, businesses, and organizations in essentially every area of the economy. Real estate and titling companies. Educational institutions. Healthcare providers. Financial fund managers. Consumer banks. Debt collectors. Attorneys. Fishermen. Independent contractors of all stripes.
Starting from the Beginning
What is an IRS 1099 form? Technically, it’s known as a “certain information return,” but really it’s a range of forms that are used to report the vast majority of financial payments that fall outside of the w-2 employer/employee relationship. As we sometimes remind people, one of the most common 1099 forms is itself a “miscellaneous” category (form 1099-MISC). If you’re new to payer-based filing requirements, the first thing you’ll need to do is correctly identify the type and number of forms that you need to obtain. From there you can begin to determine the best plan of attack:
- Foundational Software and Data Printing: This is our W-2/1099 Forms Filer. It provides powerful data entry, form preparation, worksheet reporting, and reliable printing. Simply put, you won’t have to rely on your handwriting. Plus, accounting professionals will be able to securely and efficiently communicate with their clients and bosses.
- E-File Solutions: Take it a step further by e-filing directly with the IRS using one of our two software options. With our E-File Direct product, you can e-file an unlimited number of forms for one low flat-fee. With E-File Services, you can buy a la carte services from a third-party vendor based on per form and per filing service.
- Blank Form Printing: A lot of our customers who opt for an e-file solution also look to our Software-Generated Forms product to print their own blank tax forms. Indeed, one of the big benefits of an e-file solution is removing the need to obtain the special, scannable “red ink” Copy A forms.
IRS 1099 Form Software Features
Wondering what exactly is included with our W-2/1099 Forms Filer?
- Data Entry: Multiple options for entering data include a spreadsheet format or through a screen that resembles the actual form. You can import data from any number of common file types.
- Data Printing & Reporting: Reports include tables, worksheets, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels. Encrypted PDF files are used for security. SSN/TIN hash totals verify data accuracy. Easy form alignment and large-batch print jobs create automated, error-free printing.
- More Features: Free network installation. Multiple PC installation (site license may apply). Payer backup and restore. Supports up to 1,999 payers/employers and up to 99,999 recipients per payer.
Custom Packaging and Software Costs
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer (required platform)
- Software-Generated Forms
- E-File Direct
- Payroll Module
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Forms Filer Plus
Buy your software now, download our demo, or talk to our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099. With AMS, you’ll get IRS 1099 form software that meets your business’s filing priorities, this year and next.