One of the most common uses for 1099-MISC forms is to document and report independent contractor payments. From political consultants to website marketers to handymen to stylists, more and more people are essentially self-employed contractors who may or may not own a small business in the traditional sense but who also fall outside the traditional employee/employer relationship. People “who are in business for themselves” is an easy way of explaining this type of modern contract labor. Yet, skilled tradesmen have been around essentially since the dawn of civilization.
Here it is put another way: 1099-MISC forms used to be just that—a miscellaneous category of payments for goods and service. At the same time, given the ongoing trends in today’s economic workforce, it’s a major forms filing requirement for businesses that are eschewing a more traditional, employee-dominated labor force.
Complete Business Software Solutions
In one sense, Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) has no skin in the game because we’re playing both sides. Sounds sinister, but what we mean is that our W-2/1099 Forms Filer platform is just what it sounds like—a software solution that has built in support for both w-2 employees and 1099 contractor payments. On the other hand, if you’re dealing with uncertainty in the labor market, productivity goals, and scalability in general, it’s nice to know that your forms filing software has you covered this year and next, no matter what direction your business takes next.
1099-MISC Forms Software and Data Management
It’s one thing to know that you need to get more efficiency and more powerful data management technologies out of your forms filing solution. It’s another to find tailored software capabilities at a price point that makes sense for your business and budget. AMS has you covered. Discover all that our W-2/1099 Forms Filer software has to offer.
Data Entry and Printing
- Supports up to 99,999 employees/recipients per payer.
- Entry screen resembles the actual forms, or the Browse command offers data entry using a spreadsheet format.
- A Common Payee File allows the user to avoid a lot of duplicate data entry.
- Data can be imported from a huge range of source files.
- “Define” default values for things like State Code and ID.
- Automatic save and backup restore.
- Print prepared information on pre-printed forms with easy form alignment.
- Print tables, worksheets, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels.
- Report generates hash totals for checking SSNs and TINs.
- Batch printing for multiple payer reports to save time and effort.
Networking and Security Features
- Free network installation and multiple PC installation (site license may apply).
- Supports up to 1,999 payers/employers.
- Creates an SSN verification file for the SSA.
- Encrypted PDF files to securely email reports.
- Optionally save PDF reports.
Get Started with AMS
No matter your 1099-MISC forms filing requirements, don’t hesitate to find the support you need with AMS. We also offer a full catalog of additional software products that offer more specialized and comprehensive filing features. Buy your software online now, download our free demo, or talk to the AMS Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.