Payroll software lists are an important tool for accounting software research. But figuring out which options will work for your company can be difficult. With varying methodologies and listed “pros” and “cons,” some payroll managers might have trouble wading through content to find software with the exact features they need. If you’re in the middle of searching for a new payroll tool, consider these variables in your research process.
Choosing a Payroll System: 5 Things to Consider
When it comes to payroll, certain features are more important than others. If you’re scanning payroll software lists, look for the following inclusions:
- Data Integration: Payroll is just one aspect of a company’s financial health. Payroll data should integrate with other aspects of the accounting process, like end-of-year filing and new employee on-boarding. Look for tools that offer modular integrations to build a customized software suite.
- Automatic Tax and Wage Calculation: Payroll needs to be accurate. Look for software that automatically calculates and withholds relevant state, local, and federal taxes. Otherwise, you’ll be investing in a glorified calculator.
- Electronic Filing Capabilities: Payroll software should be as efficient as possible. This means it should have the ability to file certain forms directly from the platform. Conversely, you can look for payroll tools that seamlessly integrate with an electronic filing service, like our accounting and payroll software does with our E-File Software.
- State-Specific Support: In an increasingly decentralized workforce, payroll needs to support employees and employers in all states. When researching payroll software, look for companies that highlight the ability to handle remote workers. Many software providers will communicate this by stating they support all 50 states.
- Customer Support: When searching for a payroll tool, research a provider’s customer support infrastructure. Checking previous customer reviews is a great way to understand how seriously a company takes customer service.
Get Everything You Need with Advanced Micro Solutions
While AMS products might not grace the pages of every payroll software list you see, our tools are effective, affordable, and perfect for meeting small business needs. Users start with our base platform, the W-2/1099 Forms Filer. They can then choose among our 6 add-on software modules to create a low-cost but fully customized accounting suite.
We also have robust customer support provisions. When you give us a call, or send us an email, you’ll be put in touch with one of our long-time employees. No matter how simple or complicated your question or request, we’ll do everything we can to resolve it for you. We’re a small business, too, and we understand the value of customer relationships.
If you’re curious to try AMS for yourself, check out our free demo software. You are also encouraged to give our Sales and Information team a call at 800-536-1099. We want you to feel secure in your purchase. Choosing from a payroll software list can help, but the decision should rely on your comfort with a product.