Payroll record keeping is an essential data management task for any employer, and it goes far beyond weekly paycheck calculations, quarterly filings, and end-of-year tax forms. As it is with other employer-based record keeping, payroll information must be archived and organized in a way that it can be readily available. Whether as an audit or as some other authorized request, you don’t want to spend countless hours searching for the relevant information and/or face penalties for failure to comply with record keeping requirements.
The need to archive different types of payroll information expires at different intervals (typically somewhere between two and seven years). As such, most accounting professionals simply recommend that all payroll record keeping is maintained for seven years. Nowadays, the easiest way to do this is with a software solution and data files that can be transmitted electronically or printed out at a moment’s notice.
Payroll Record Keeping from AMS
Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) makes this process unbelievably simple. The combination of our W-2/1099 Forms Filer and AMS Payroll module enables our clients to quickly and reliably process their week-to-week, month-to-month, quarter-to-quarter, and end-of-year payroll filings. Our menu-driven platform also has a powerful range of data importing, reporting, printing, and security. In other words, as you calculate your payroll information, our software system automatically tracks this data for the rest of your employer-based filing requirements. This intuitive interface and data management capabilities ensure you never lose sleep over your payroll record keeping.
Have other employer-based filing needs? We also have E-File, Software Generated Forms, and other advanced filing support products for companies and accounting professionals looking for a comprehensive filing solution. But along with our platform solution, you’re likely going to be most interested in these features from AMS Payroll:
Payroll Processing and Paychecks
- Supports all 50 states plus the District of Columbia
- Support for up to 1,999 payers and up to 9,999 employees per payer.
- Easy payer and employee setup. Network and multiple PC installation.
- Excellent for meeting all small business payroll software needs.
- Automatically calculate federal, state and local payroll taxes.
- State and Federal tax tables are included and updated as needed.
- Up to 40 User Defined Fields can be set up for deductions/additions such as 401K or Health Insurance.
- Processes Employee Direct Deposit payroll information.
- Prints MICR checks – Software Generated Forms required.
- Over 30 different Check Types are supported.
- Supports Federal payroll forms such as the 941, 940, 943, 944 and 1040 Sch H. See complete forms list.
- Includes SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia See complete forms list.
- Electronically file employer forms.
- Exports data to the W-2/1099 Forms Filer for year-end processing.
- Includes the ability to magnetically/electronically file 941, 944, and 940 forms as well as nearly 30 state quarterly returns.
- State and Federal Tax deposit information, as well as disbursements, can be recorded.
Getting Started with AMS
Check out our entire catalogue of products. Looking to see how software works in practice? Download our free demo accounting software. You can buy our products directly online at any time, but if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to give AMS a call at (800) 536-1099.