After years of playing second fiddle to cloud-based solutions, in-house payroll software is making a comeback. Especially for those companies who are looking to take greater control over their payroll operations, while also achieving cost savings. With a powerful software solution like AMS Payroll, a small accounting department (or a single, dedicated business accountant) can handle even large payroll service needs with increased reliability and time efficiency. As a matter of fact, given our intuitive, menu-driven platform, many small business owners can even take on their own payroll services with Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS).
It’s this combination of power and accessibility that too many businesses mistakenly believe is the sole purview of cloud-based software services. For one thing, these subscription- and transaction-based fees can add up quickly. But more than the cost, cloud doesn’t equal quality.
Choosing Your In-House Payroll Software
There’s simply not that much difference in the software features between cloud- and product-based payroll software. Instead, choosing in-house payroll software is more about how you plan on implementing these features within your business model and accounting personnel resources. That said, powerful software features delivered within an easy-to-use platform is a recipe for success across many types of businesses and payroll service needs. AMS isn’t your parents’ generation of payroll software.
One of the big advantages of in-house payroll is the ability to quickly respond to changes in your personnel and compensation packages. With the 40 user defined fields in our payroll system, you can readily calculate and track changes to health benefits, retirement plans, paid-time-off, and other compensation incentives. Custom payroll solutions are no problem with AMS. With this in mind, here’s a list of the most essential features included in our Payroll system module:
- Automated federal, state, and local payroll tax calculations.
- Direct deposit processing and paycheck printing.
- Data import/export for quarterly and year-end filings.
- E-file forms 940, 941, and/or 944.
- A running tally of federal and state tax liabilities.
- Creates SSN verification files.
- Secure data reports with encrypted files.
Software Modules for Versatile Solutions
Our catalog of modular products is another one of the big ways that AMS is able to deliver a measure of versatility that is comparable to cloud-based solutions. This allows us to offer comprehensive features for in-house payroll software, as well as streamlined solutions with more attractive price points, all tailored to your business needs and company makeup:
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer : This is our foundational software platform.
- AMS Payroll : This is our primary payroll solution.
- Software Generated Forms : Enables you to print MICR checks.
- AMS E-File Software : E-file your taxes with AMS. (We also contract with a third-party e-filing service.)
- Affordable Care Act Filer : Primarily for companies with 50 or more employees.
- Forms Filer Plus : Provides filing support for specialized forms.
More Resources and Services from AMS
In-house payroll software can feel like a risky decision, but once you understand how the system will work with your day-to-day operations, it’s not just peace of mind you’re likely to gain. It’s the confidence that you’re bringing a more efficient, effective and reliable payroll solution to your business. That’s why AMS provides every prospective client with a free software demo—so you can see for yourself. Still have questions at the end? Don’t hesitate to call in to our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.