Many of the qualities that make for good payroll software are universal. Your business undoubtedly values protecting the personal information of its employees as well as its own internal payroll figures. But you also need a data management system that allows you to organize and automate your payroll calculations. You want to know that a data failure isn’t going to cause delays to making payroll. You want to know exactly where you stand. And you want that data to be easily imported into your quarterly and end-of-year forms filing.
These goals put a premium on both the sophistication of the software and the accessibility of its features. Here at Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS), we’ve always recognized these dual priorities when it comes to good payroll software. We’ve worked diligently to create a powerful and polished software solution. And we’re immensely proud of both the functionality and the affordability created through our W-2/1099 Forms Filer.
Take care of both your payroll and forms filing software with AMS. The usability of our menu-driven platform interface speaks for itself and can be readily viewed by signing for a free software demo.
Essential Payroll Software Features
Likewise, many basic payroll services are common to every business. Whether it’s direct deposit or paycheck printing, payroll processing and disbursement is a major component of most solutions. Many of our clients find that they can handle all their payroll operations with the W-2/1099 Forms Filer and AMS Payroll module. Here is a short list of essential, popular features:
- Processes “live” or after-the-fact payroll.
- Direct deposit processing and paycheck printing.
- Supports all 50 states plus the District of Columbia
- Easy payer and employee setup.
- Automatically calculate federal, state and local payroll taxes.
- Up to 40 User Defined Fields can be set up for deductions/additions such as 401K or Health Insurance.
- E-file forms 940, 941, and/or 944.
- Updated reports of total federal and state tax liabilities.
- SSN verification files.
- Network and multiple PC installation included (site license applies).
Find Good Payroll Software for Your Business with AMS
Now, in other ways, good payroll software is in the eye of the beholder. Put another way, you shouldn’t have to pay for more software than you need. With this in mind, what really sets AMS software apart is our module interaction and the ability this gives our clients to customize a system for their specific payroll needs and priorities.
- Don’t want to rely solely on direct deposit and temporary check writing features? Our Software Generated Forms module enables you to print your own MICR checks.
- Have 50 or more employees? Or does your business otherwise fall under the new Affordable Care Act filing requirements? Get it right the first time with our ACA Filer.
- Looking for a comprehensive solution from initial payroll processing all the way through tax filing returns? We offer multiple e-filing software solutions.
- Have seemingly unique needs for filing forms? Again, our payroll module offers support for most local and state filing requirements, but our Forms Filer Plus includes additional, specialized forms.
Again, our software demo will show our payroll software in action. But if you still have questions about choosing the right software package for your business, call our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.