Many of the general principles behind choosing farm accounting software are the same whether you’re talking about crop yields and farm inventory or agricultural workers and farm payroll software. To this end, you need to ask yourself not just where your farm is now, but also where you want it to be next year, three years from now, five years from now. Put another way, you may be making do now with family members and seasonal contract work in which your payroll accounting needs are minimal. What happens when your eldest goes off to school at the same time you might finally have the capital investment you need to expand your farm operations like you’ve been planning for many years?
For a range of business situations and for any number of agricultural subspecialties, you need farm accounting software that is versatile and cost-effective, while also being able to deliver the software support you need for payroll and employment filings—for this year, next year, and down the road. The fundamentals of farming may not change, but from tech innovation, market forces, climate, and the uncertainty that comes with farm subsidy programs that may or may not be around in a year or two, the bookkeeping priorities for your farm can look a lot different over time.
The AMS Software Advantage
Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) was keenly aware of the changing form filing needs that agricultural businesses experience when developing our software system. Our modular approach allows us to provide custom and cost-effective packaging, as well as year-over-year consistency in terms of data management and user-friendly efficiency. How do we do it? It all starts with our W2 & 1099 Software. This platform delivers a core set of software features for preparing W-2s, W-3s, 1099s, and other basic filing forms:
- Data Entry: Multiple options for entering data include a spreadsheet format or through a screen that resembles the actual form. You can import data from any number of common file types.
- Data Printing & Reporting: Reports include tables, worksheets, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels. Encrypted PDF files are used for security. SSN/TIN hash totals verify data accuracy. Easy form alignment and large-batch print jobs create automated, error-free printing.
- More Features: Free network installation. Multiple PC installation (site license may apply). Payer backup and restore. Supports up to 1,999 payers/employers and up to 99,999 recipients per payer.
AMS Modules for Farm Accounting Software
On top of this platform, you can then choose your level of support for payroll support and farm accounting software:
- Already have a payroll solution you like, but still looking for standalone support for your Form 943 agricultural filings as well as state-related unemployment filing forms? Check out Forms Filer Plus module today.
- Interested in a more centralized system
With the rest of our product catalogue, you can also find a more comprehensive support for paycheck and blank form printing, e-file software and mailing services, as well as more specialized form filing support. Many of our agribusiness clients use either free or pay-for farm management and production software, while looking to AMS for their payroll and/or form filing solutions.
Buy your accounting software now, download our free demo, or call (800) 536-1099 and talk to our Sales and Information team.