Companies with little budget to spare often seek the cheapest payroll for small businesses. Cheap but effective payroll tools are out there – you just need to know where to look.
Advanced Micro Solutions is among the most affordable accounting options available. But, unlike with other providers, our tools are made specifically with small business payroll needs in mind. If you’re looking to spend a nominal fee on a great service, AMS is the answer.
Non-Negotiable Features in a Cheap Payroll Software
If you’re setting your sights on the cheapest payroll for small businesses, know that there are certain features you shouldn’t compromise. Here is a list of must-have tools for your future payroll software purchase:
- Supports all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia
- Includes support for many payers/payees
- Includes user-defined fields for deductions and additions, like health insurance
- Automatically calculates federal, state, and local payroll taxes
- Prints checks and facilitates direct deposit
- Electronically files basic forms, like 941, 944, and 940
Can You Trust Free Payroll Software?
Many small business owners are enticed by free and nominal-cost payroll tools they find online. Unfortunately, businesses who choose this option end up paying in other ways. Before signing up for that free payroll software, consider the following:
- Free payroll software doesn’t often have the tools you need. In most cases, these software options are simple payroll calculators. They don’t include any support for electronic filing. They also rarely allow users to automate withholding.
- Users are beholden to the payroll provider. It’s easy to get used to utilizing a free product. But, in many cases, companies draw users in with the promise of a free software. After a few months, they push the user into a paid option or revoke the free trial.
- Data security is not guaranteed. Using a free payroll tool means you’ll pay with your data. In other words, you can’t ensure that your sensitive information will remain confidential. Payroll requires a lot of personal data. Don’t trust a free program to protect you.
Instead of looking for free payroll tools, research the cheapest payroll for small business. Advanced Micro Solutions is in that group, and we think you’ll be pleased with what you find.
Your Money Works for You with AMS
With AMS, you’ll only pay for the tools you need. Our software works modularly. This means all users start with a base platform – our W-2/1099 Forms Filer – then choose add-on platforms. This allows our customers to build a customized accounting suite at a fraction of the cost of what they might get from a bigger company.
Finding the cheapest payroll for small businesses shouldn’t only include payroll. It should also consider auxiliary accounting needs. If all you want is AMS Payroll and the forms filer, expect to pay around $220 for the package. By contrast, that cost might yield only a few months of service from one of the big-name payroll providers.
If you’re still unsure whether AMS is the accounting and payroll software provider for you, we hear you. Small businesses need to carefully consider every financial decision they make. That’s why we’ve made our tools available in the form of a free demo. Take us for a test drive to see if this is the platform for you.