If you’re willing to learn just a few basics about payroll, the best nanny payroll service is AMS and our payroll software module. Rather than overpay on monthly subscription fees for software services that like to pretend they’re fancier than they are, you can pay a flat fee rate for annual payroll and form filing software support. If you’ve seen the same reviews and cost comparisons that we found during our research, you’ll know that the average cost for nanny payroll software services is somewhere between $40-$60/month. Instead, you can buy and download our payroll software solution for just over $200 and use it the entire year. Heck, you can buy a comprehensive software package that enables you to print blank filing forms and e-file with the IRS.
The Best Nanny Payroll Service Tutorials
How hard is it to learn nanny payroll? It may be tedious, but it’s not especially difficult to learn what’s involved with basic payroll calculations. You’re going to want to withhold the nanny’s estimated income tax and 7.65% of their income for payroll taxes. You’ll need to plan to chip in 7.65% of the nanny’s income as the employer portion of the payroll taxes, as well as state unemployment taxes that may apply. You can also make other deductions and additions for things like paid time off, retirement plan, and health coverage.
These basics probably aren’t enough for you to feel confident in making your paycheck calculations and general employee record keeping. Fortunately, it’s easy to find the information you need to set up your payroll system. Check out this guide from International Nanny Association (INA)
to quickly and clearly understand what’s expected of you as a household employer—and what to look for from the best nanny payroll service. If this type of user-friendly guide doesn’t provide the answers you need for a specific question, we recommend you consult this IRS publication
covering nearly every aspect of household employment.
AMS Payroll Software
Every AMS solution is built on our
. This platform provides a foundational set of data management features and W-2/1099 form support. It also creates the module interaction that lets you pick and choose which products make sense for your accounting needs. For household employers and nanny payroll support, this means using the AMS Payroll module. Here’s a preview of some of the most popular features that come with this system:
- Processes “Live” or After-The-Fact Payroll.
- Automatically calculate federal, state and local payroll taxes.
- State and Federal Tax deposit information, as well as disbursements, can be recorded.
- Imports data from QuickBooks, Excel, PeachTree, and Tab-Delimited Text Files.
- Exports data to a Tab-Delimited Text File and/or QuickBooks General Journal.
- Electronically file employer forms. Create an SSN Verification file.
- Direct deposit payroll processing or print paychecks.
- Automatic saving feature ensures data is never lost. Generate a wide variety of payroll reports, such as a tax summary of worker’s compensation.
- Supports Federal payroll forms such as the 941, 940, 943, 944 and 1040 Sch H. See complete forms list.
- Includes SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia See complete forms list.
Still not exactly sure how to get started? Call Sales and Information at (800) 536-1099. Another great way to see what our accounting software has to offer is to download our free demo. You can buy our software online at any time.