A lot of people look to source a variety of blank w-2 and 1099 forms. However, the question of where to get 1099-MISC forms is especially common for independent contractors and “mom-and-pop” small businesses. These businesses may not have much experience or training in payroll and tax accounting and will probably need a bit more guidance. If you fall into this category, you’re not alone.
The first thing you’ll need to determine is whether you’ll need to purchase e-file software or use the IRS’s scannable, red-ink forms. These are the two ways to file a 1099-MISC form. That said, there are a few factors you’ll want to consider when making this decision.
The best answer to this question and where to get 1099-MISC forms in general can be very different depending on the size and nature of your business:
- Bigger businesses and independent accounting firms often forgo these red-ink forms altogether by choosing to e-file. Many do this in order to save time and money on the labor associated with using hard copies, as they likely have more forms to complete. However, these businesses still need paper copies to fulfill their recipient mailing requirements. Without the red-ink form copy, however, you can print blank 1099 forms that you can use for this purpose, an easy task with our software tool. With a comprehensive software package that includes E-File Direct and Software-Generated Forms, you can take care of all your state and federal filing requirements without leaving the office.
- Smaller businesses and independent contractors may be looking to save money on their filing solutions. The most popular answer about where to get 1099-MISC forms is to send away for them for free directly from the IRS. This process usually takes about 10 business days.
At the same time, these smaller businesses will recognize that it doesn’t take but a handful of forms for handwritten data entry to become impractical, not to mention prone to mistake. Plus, waiting 10 business days for the form to arrive can be difficult if you tend to save tax and wage filing until the last. A streamlined software companion is crucial for successful, efficient filing, even if you’re worried about printing paper copies to fulfill recipient mailing requirements. If you don’t have many contractors or employees, the uses and forms you’ll need to complete will add up.
Where to Get 1099-MISC Forms Software
Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) is the best choice for 1099 forms software. Our W-2/1099 Forms Filer is an intuitive, menu-driven platform. For just, you can get powerful and user-friendly support for all your 1099 forms. With the following data management technologies, you can prepare and print your information on pre-printed forms:
- Data Entry: Multiple options for entering data include a spreadsheet format or through a screen that resembles the actual form. You can import data from any number of common file types.
- Data Printing & Reporting: Reports include tables, worksheets, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels. Encrypted PDF files are used for security. SSN/TIN hash totals verify data accuracy. Easy form alignment and large-batch print jobs create automated, error-free printing.
- More Features: Free network installation. Multiple PC installation (site license may apply). Payer backup and restore. Supports up to 1,999 payers/employers and up to 99,999 recipients per payer.
More About AMS Products
With our Support Knowledge Base, email communications, tech support line, and Live Chat feature, you’ll have full control of your software solution from the start. At the same time, our sophisticated module interaction allows you to add to your software capabilities as your business and filing needs grow. Check out our complete catalog of features before making your AMS software purchase.