Form 1099-Q is a very specific form. Unless you deal with educational savings accounts and disbursements on a regular basis, it won’t likely mean much. But for the banking professionals and account administrators who handle these disbursements, an efficient and cost-effective software companion for your forms filing needs is crucial. The 1099 software solutions from AMS are precisely this type of software resource. Discover the intuitive, menu-driven performance of our software platform, and support for all your 1099 filings.
Meet Your Form 1099-Q Filing Deadlines
Most students and parents who use these types of educational savings accounts (ESA) have already gone through considerable headaches sifting through the different options, applications, and eligibility requirements for 529 plans and 530 Coverdell ESAs. While few people choose these educational savings accounts based on the customer service they expect years down the road, it’s still important for your firm’s reputation and standing with the IRS to meet the applicable filing deadlines for every form 1099-Q that needs to be issued. Serious and habitual offenders may face penalties from IRS.
To help you out, we’ve included all 1099-Q form filing deadlines below.
- January 31st—Recipient copies must be mailed.
- February 28th—1099-Q forms must be mailed to the IRS (if using paper copies).
- March 31st—For those who are electronically submitting their forms to the IRS.
1099 Software Solutions from AMS
Our W-2/1099 Forms Filer provides the foundational software support for your 1099 filings. It also provides the module interaction that enables our clients to build custom accounting software solutions. Whether you’re an independent accounting professional, an education-based financial advisor, or a larger financial firm, you can take advantage of the data management capabilities offered through this 1099 software solution. This is especially important for entities handling form 1099-Q because you’re likely handling hundreds of versions at once.
- Data Entry: Enter information using screen that resembles the actual form or through a spreadsheet format. Great for reducing errors, as well as optimal data entry efficiency. Import/transfer data from nearly any file format.
- Printing: Easy form alignment, printing on preprinted forms, and large-batch print jobs. With Software-Generated Forms, this can include Form 1099-Q printing, as well as other tax forms.
- Data Reporting: Print tables, worksheet reports, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels. Use encrypted PDF files and verify data accuracy with SSN/TIN hash totals.
- More Features: Includes free network installation, as well as multiple PC installation (site license may be required). Creates SSN verification files. Includes payer backup and restore.
Other Software and Services from AMS
Most firms and accounting professionals who deal with 1099-Q filings also manage other financial services. This may include a wide range of payroll and accounting services. Here are a few other problems you ay be facing and how AMS can help.
- Looking to bring your payroll operations in house? Check out AMS Payroll.
- Doing business with foreign persons or foreign financial institutions? Our 1042-S Filer provides filing support for disbursements made to entities outside the U.S.
- What about when it’s time to e-file your end-of-year tax returns? We offer two different options (E-File Direct and E-File Services) for greater flexibility and better business solutions.
- You can also find more specialized forms filing support with our Software-Generated Forms, ACA Filer, and Forms Filer Plus
To learn more, sign up for a free software demo or reach out to our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.