As we approach tax season, businesses are hurriedly trying to find the best online 1099 filing service. 1099 filing is a simple process, but it can quickly become overwhelming. Businesses electronically file essential forms with the IRS FIRE system. However, these businesses must also produce various copies of the 1099 to distribute to the contractor and keep for their own records.
As a result, filing 1099 forms – even for just a handful of contractors – can require dozens of pages printed, filed, and archived. For this reason, many businesses work with 1099 filing services to simplify the process. But not all filing services are created equal, and some cost more than what they’re worth.
If your business needs a 1099 filing service, consider AMS. We have two separate filing services designed to meet the needs of every business.
How 1099 Filing Services Work
The best filing services will take your company’s size and budget into consideration. For example, Advanced Micro Solutions offers two distinct electronic filing options. These tools help businesses eliminate the expense of ordering too many forms and remove the risk of running out of pre-printed paper. Here are our two options:
- E-File Direct: This is the best online 1099 filing service for businesses with large filing obligations. It incurs a flat fee and an unlimited number of form filings. This software produces the files required for filing both W-2 and various 1099 forms online with the SSA and/or IRS.
- E–File Services: Rather than charging a flat fee for unlimited filing, E-File Services incurs a per-form cost. This is a great option for small companies with few filing responsibilities who want to offload some end-of-year tax season burden.
Important Dates for 1099 Filing
The best online 1099 filing service will be up to date on deadlines. Filing dates are subject to change each year. However, 1099-related deadlines typically fall on the same or similar days. Here are the essential dates you should know for filing a 1099 in 2023:
- Businesses must file and furnish a copy of form 1099-NEC by January 31, 2023, regardless of whether the business is filing by paper or electronically.
- Furnishing statements to recipients for forms 1099-B, 1099-S, and 1099-MISC (if amounts are reported in boxes 10 or 8) is February 15, 2023.
- Form 1099-SB is due by February 28, 2023, if filing by paper, or March 31, 2023, if filing electronically. However, there are special exceptions.
- Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3291, 9322, and/or W-2G are due February 28, 2023, if filing by paper or March 31, 2023, if filing electronically.
Remember that you must produce several copies of a 1099 form. See here for more information.
Use AMS 1099 Support This Year
AMS provides the best online 1099 filing service available. With two options tailored to very distinct business needs, our software can support a variety of companies. If you’d like to try our tools for yourself, request our free demo software. We also encourage potential customers to call our Sales and Information Team at 800-536-1099 with any questions.