A 1099 form is used to document and report a huge range of business filings from fishing proceeds to real estate sales, from pension and retirement plan payments to education savings account disbursements, from everyday interests and dividends to complicated investment products, from the abandonment of property and debt cancellation to changes in corporate control and capital structuring.
The 1099 form is used by independent contractors, tech entrepreneurs, mom-and-pop businesses, construction companies, big-box stores, lawyers, doctors, financial experts, growing companies, and major corporations. And, more accurately, it’s a set of different forms—known as Certain Information Returns—that govern the majority of non-employee financial disbursements in the United States.
Step-by-Step Software Support
One of the things that Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) is proud of is the ability to offer comprehensive support to those businesses looking for step-by-step help with their 1099 filings.
- Generating Form Copies for Your Business: We offer plenty of informational resources about free-sourcing for your 1099 forms, starting with the IRS’s online ordering portal. At the same time, for those companies that choose to e-file directly with the IRS, our Software-Generated Forms product can enable you to print out the rest of your paper form copies on plain, white paper.
- Resources for Preparing a 1099 Form: On a fundamental level, it’s all about data management technologies in the tax, accounting, and forms filing space. This includes data entry, reporting, security, printing, and networking. With our W-2/1099 Forms Filer, you can eliminate most of your duplicate data entry, while still ensuring information accuracy, reliable printing results, and secure online communications. Pretty much everything you need to go from blank forms to prepared 1099 filings.
- Submitting 1099 Forms to the IRS: AMS provides two different options when it comes to submit forms to your recipients and e-file with the IRS. With our E-File Direct product, you can file an unlimited number of forms electronically. (This is also how you eliminate the need to get those special red-ink forms.) Then, with our E-File Services, you can buy a similar solution with a third-party vendor who charges per form filing. This third-party also provides form mailing services.
Personalized Business Solutions
As proud as we are of the scope of our software support and services, what really sets us apart from the competition is our ability to deliver versatile software features at cost-effective price points—no matter the size, location, or type of business you’re filing for. How do we do it? Our W-2/1099 Forms Filer platform creates a sophisticated module interaction that allows our customers to pick and choose which products and features make the most sense for their business accounting—or accounting business, for that matter. Consider the following products and software costs available from AMS:
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer (required platform)
- E-File Direct
- Software-Generated Forms
- Payroll Module
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Forms Filer Plus
Don’t hesitate to find the support you need. Buy your software, download the free demo, or call our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.