Overwhelmed by the choices for 1099 filing services? Looking for a software resource you can trust to guide you in the right direction, no matter the needs and priorities of your business? Discover the versatile software solutions and personalized customer support from Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS).
These 1099 filing services are so important and diversified that AMS has partnered with a third-party software vendor, despite offering our own e-file software module and a large catalog of products that already provides comprehensive software filing support. That’s because we recognize when it comes to e-filing, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Companies that only need to file a large handful of forms are more likely to find better value through these third-party e-filing services and price points.
In contrast, E-File Direct will allow you to file an unlimited number of forms for one flat fee (see below). Moreover, you can transmit the necessary files directly with the IRS/SSA without sacrificing software security: AMS uses the IRS “FIRE” system and the SSA “BSO”/”ACCUWAGE” system.
Choosing the Right Option for 1099 Filing Services
Whether you use our in-house E-File Direct module or our third-party vendor, know that you’ll first need to purchase our W-2/1099 Forms Filer platform . Then, you can add E-File Direct for another $154, and you’ll be ready to go. The cost of third-party services really depends on the types and number of forms you need the filing service for. Standalone federal e-file services can cost less than $.50 per form. A comprehensive set of federal and state e-filing, along with print/mail services for forms that must be issued to the recipient, may cost $2.00 or more.
Other software modules and product costs from AMS include:
- Payroll Module
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Software-Generated Forms
- Forms Filer Plus
If you have questions about which options make the most sense for your business, don’t hesitate to contact our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.
W-2/1099 Form Preparation Software
Don’t forget there’s a difference between electronic 1099 filing services and the various software features that enable you to prepare the 1099 forms in the first place. Consider the following data management capabilities that comprise the basis of our W-2/1099 Forms Filer platform:
- Data Entry: Enter information on a screen that resembles the actual 1099 forms or through a spreadsheet format. You can also import data from nearly any file format, including Excel, form print files, and ordinary text files.
- Printing: This includes easy form alignment, information printing on preprinted forms, and large-batch print jobs. With Software-Generated Forms, this includes printing many of the forms themselves.
- Data Reporting: Reporting features include tables, worksheets, client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels. Verify data accuracy with SSN/TIN hash totals. Use encrypted PDF files.
- More Features: Free network installation, as well as multiple PC installation with site license. Includes payer backup and restore. Creates SSN verification files with ease.
The best way to see our software in action is to download our free software demo. It only takes a few minutes to discover what our software solutions can do your business accounting and form filing needs.