A 1099 filing service is an essential business resource, but do you know what type of service your business needs? It’s easy to think that the different software products and cloud-based services are all roughly the same. The truth is anything but…and for good reason. Businesses themselves have significantly different priorities for filing services based on their size, industry, location, budget, and management structure.
At Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS), we recognized these various business needs, resources, and filing priorities from early on and developed a responsive software system to serve more types of clients at an affordable price point. We’ll get to our software products and services in a minute, but first take a look at the different types of businesses that we serve.
Different Types of Business Clients for a 1099 Filing Service
- Small Business Owners: Our software solutions start with an intuitive, menu-driven platform. Along with superior data entry features, reporting and printing capabilities, and comprehensive customer support, you’ll be able to reliably and efficiently comply with your filing requirements at an affordable price.
- In-House Accounting Departments: Our software is ready to be networked across multiple PCs. Efficiency and office culture is the key here. While many business owners prefer to enter their data on screens that resemble the actual form, many accountants prefer our spreadsheet data entry option. Likewise, with easy form alignment and automated large-batch printing, you’ll no longer have to wait around or fight other office staff for use of the printer.
- Professional, Independent Accountants: Because our software provides support for up to 99,999 recipients per payer, we can handle filing services for all but the largest companies. That said, independent accounting firms also need to know that we offer software support for up to 1,999 employers/payers. Along with a targeted selection of our add-on modules, you’ll be able to serve a huge roster of business clients with a diverse set of filing needs.
1099 Filing Service Options from AMS
1099 business filings typically require both paper and electronic filing services. At the very least, a paper copy must be issued to the recipient. Today, most businesses handle the rest of their filing needs electronically, but even if you prefer to paper file with the federal government, most states require businesses to use their e-file system. AMS offers a comprehensive, yet personalized, 1099 filing service through the following resources:
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer: If you’d prefer to forgo e-filing altogether, you can use this foundational software program to prepare and print information on pre-printed forms. It’ll take a little longer, but if you only have a handful of forms and you’re looking to save every dollar, this could be worth it.
- E-File Direct: With this product module, you can e-file an unlimited number of forms directly with the IRS/SSA. This program will also create the applicable files for all states that require electronic filing.
- E-File Services: We also have a third-party software vendor who offers a cloud-based 1099 filing service with customized per form filing fees. Standalone federal e-filing can cost less than $0.50 per form, while complete federal and state e-filing, plus print mail services, may cost more than $2.00 per employee/contractor.
Buy your AMS software package now, or learn more about our software by downloading our free demo or by contacting our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.