Want to know the date that you need to have your 1099 forms reported to the IRS? Most forms are due by February 28th if you’re paper filing. However, the 1099 electronic filing deadline is March 31st, a whole other month, for those businesses that e-file.
Now, businesses that are on the ball can save a few extra dollars by using our foundational platform—the W-2/1099 Forms Filer—to prepare and print completed forms for paper filings. That said, most take the extra time and convenience that come with e-filing.
AMS E-File Software Costs
Trying to do a time vs. financial cost comparison, in addition to the peace of mind that comes with the extra month of the 1099 electronic filing deadline? Here are the relevant software costs from AMS to help you decide:
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer: $84 (required for all other AMS software purchases)
- E-File Direct: (This includes support for an unlimited number of files as well as w-2 support for all states that require e-filing.)
- E-File Services: These prices vary based both on volume, as well as whether or not you’re looking for standalone e-file services or supplemental mailing services, too.
To see the potential of our solutions, we recommend you sign up for a free software demo. You can also get answers to any lingering questions by contacting our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.
More 1099 Electronic Filing Deadline Information and Software Products
Our W-2/1099 Forms Filer creates a platform for more than just e-filing software. First and foremost, AMS is known for the intuitive, menu-driven performance of this platform. Along with our Support Knowledge Base, email communications, and Live Chat feature, you can fully integrate our software features with your accounting services in no time.
We’ve also built a sophisticated module interaction into our software solution, which allows our customers to choose a software package that makes sense for their firm’s filing needs. To this point, there are a number of additional 1099-related business filings for which AMS offers support through our catalog of software modules.
Check out these products and the 1099 electronic filing deadlines that apply to each form:
- 1042-S (1042-S Filer): With this form, the deadline is the same for both recipient mailings and the IRS electronic filing: March 15th, 2016. It makes a certain kind of sense. This form is used for reporting payments made to foreign persons/entities, which typically follow their own country’s filing requirements.
- Forms 1094/1095 (ACA Filer): With the Affordable Care Act, there is a different set of guidelines, due to a recent change made through this IRS notice. The recipient copy deadline is now March 31st, while the IRS e-file deadline is now June 30th.
- Forms 940-945 (Forms Filer Plus): Generally, these forms have the same deadlines as other 1099 filings, though you are allowed an extra 10 days under certain circumstances. Likewise, as a quarterly filing, Form 941 has deadlines that fall on the last day of the month for April, July, October, and January.