How To Transfer Data From W2 To W2C

Yes, you can transfer data from W-2 to W-2C forms. You can even designate whether the data is the Previous or the Corrected information.

  • First open the client in the W-2/1099 Forms Filer Menu and select Form>W-2/W-3 Forms>W-2.
  • On the W-2 Form Entry screen, select Transfer and follow the prompts to transfer the data to the W-2C form.


There are a few reasons why you might want to transfer data from a W-2 to a W-2C. The latter is the Corrected Wage and Tax Statement, and it is used to address errors posted on the original W-2. The IRS recommends filing a W-2C as soon as you discover an error, and to also supply a copy to the employee. Using a software tool like AMS is an excellent way too quickly and efficiently transfer the data, decreasing the amount of time you’ll need to fix the error.

However, the best way to complete a W-2C is to avoid the process altogether. By getting the figures and calculations right the first time, you won’t need to go through the trouble of transferring data. A software tool is a great way to store, generate, and apply employee data for routine document preparation, like annual W-2s.


Software Solutions from AMS

Our W-2 and 1099 Forms Filer is our only required platform. From there, users pick the services they need. Choose from the tools below to build out your customized accounting software.