1099 E-File software can help small businesses reduce the cost of expensive W-2 and 1099 forms. Transitioning to electronic filing will save time, money, and materials. However, electronic filing tools might not work for every business. You should have the option to choose an E-File software that reduces cost as much as possible.
That’s what you’ll get with AMS. Our E-File tools allow businesses to choose an option that best suits the size of their staff. Whether you employ 1 or 1,000 employees, investing in AMS E-File Software will reap dividends long after tax season ends.
Choose the 1099 E-File Software Option for You
Advanced Micro Solutions offers two electronic filing options. The option you choose will depend largely on how many people you employ.
- E-File Direct: This 1099 E-File software is a payroll system with a flat fee. E-File direct has an unlimited number of forms that can be filed electronically. Simply upload the data to the IRS/SSA websites. E-File Direct produces the documents required for filing 1099 and W-2 forms with the IRS and SSA. Users can also create files in the program’s directory and verify, view, and print files.
- E-File Services: E-File Services may be a better option for businesses with few employees. This software charges a fee per form. Those forms are then filed electronically via a third-party vendor. AMS works with this specialist provider. E-File Services has different service levels, depending on what your business needs. They are:
- E-Filing Only: This option only files forms with the government (IRS/SSA/States).
- Recipient Mailing: This option only prints and mails copies to employees and contractors.
- E-File and Recipient Mailing: This option both electronically files documents with the government and sends forms to employees/contractors.
- Payer Copy on CD: This option produces an electronic version of these forms for your records. Remember that all businesses need to maintain payroll records for at least three years.
Both E-File software options work seamlessly with your W-2/1099 Forms Filer. This means all you need to do is export those forms to your E-File option, then let the software do its job. Both E-file direct and E-File services also work seamlessly with Software Generated Forms and AMS Payroll (via the W-2/1099 Forms Filer), our payroll accounting software.
Get Professional Support from AMS
Keeping track of individual employees and contractors can be difficult. This is especially true of young and growing businesses. Investing in a 1099 E-File software early in your business’s life can help streamline operations. If you’re not sure whether AMS has the tools you need, check out our free demo software. This is a good opportunity to see just how simple and user-friendly an AMS tool can be.
Not sure which e-filing option is best for your business? We’d be happy to help you out. Give our Sales and Information Team a call at 800-536-1099. We want you to feel good about your purchase, whether you need payroll support, a forms filer, or electronic filing.