Data in the W-2/1099 Forms Filer Module can be exported into a file format that can be opened in Excel through Utilities>Export Database to Text File.
- From the Main Menu, select Module>W-2/1099 Forms Menu.
- Next select the Payer and click OK.
- Highlight Form and select the Form Type.
- On the Form Entry screen, select Utilities>Export Database to Text File>Export Tab Delimited File for Excel.
- Follow the prompts to create the file. Make sure to note the location and the file name that you chose so that you can locate the file.
Exporting data to Excel is a great way to organize your data, save information externally, and perform certain automatic calculations available in the program.
Get More Support from AMS
We know that keeping data orderly and streamlined is important to our users. If you’re saving your 1099 and W2 data in Excel, you’re probably trying to centralize all employee and contractor data in one place. If you want to further streamline accounting operations, we recommend trying out AMS Payroll , our semi-automated payroll software.
Using AMS Payroll ensures that your employee information – personal data, earnings, and paychecks – is centralized in a single place. All our add-on software tools work modularly, seamlessly integrating with the W-2/1099 software. While we still recommend backing up your employee and contractor data, merging payroll operations with tax and wage obligations is a great way to save time and money.
If you’re curious about AMS Payroll, check out our free, downloadable demo tool. Those with questions are encouraged to call our Sales and Information team at 800-536-1099. If you’re trying to export data to Excel, you likely have a system in place. Optimize and streamline that process with an AMS add-on product.