Multi-company payroll software is an essential resource for accounting firms that serve multiple business clients at the same time. This type of software can also be important for corporate accounting departments that oversee multiple subsidiaries with their own Payer designation for tax and payroll forms filing. The software from Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) has the requisite versatility for multiple payer/payee accounts without sacrificing the usability needed for efficient payroll services and filing forms.
The W-2/1099 Forms Filer
It all starts with this Forms Filer software, the foundational platform from AMS. This software offers support for up to 1,999 payers and up to 99,999 employees/contractors per payer. There’s also easy integration for automatic data entry across multiple accounts: The Common Payee File enables your accountants to select payees across multiple payers/1099 forms. Likewise, information can be entered on screen displays that resemble the actual forms or through a spreadsheet format.
When it comes to multi-company payroll software, there’s often more than one accounting professional working to deliver paychecks, bookkeeping, and general data management in a timely fashion. AMS software includes free network installation and, with a site license, multiple PC installation. In other words, before you select the AMS software modules that will empower you to implement a customized solution, this platform provides all the basic data management technologies you could hope for. But better yet, it delivers this data management within an intuitive, menu-driven format.
The Multi-Company Payroll Software Module from AMS
For just a little over $200, you can purchase both the software platform and our primary payroll module (AMS Payroll). It’s essential that multi-company payroll software is able to handle different compensation packages—both within each company and among the different companies for which you provide payroll services. For this reason, our 40 User Defined Fields is one of the most popular software features available from AMS Payroll. These fields can be set up to automatically calculate deductions and additions for things like health benefits, retirement plans, and paid time off.
Here are some of the other popular software features that come with this module:
- Automated federal, state, and local payroll tax calculations (including federal and state tax tables, filing requirements, and SUI forms).
- Direct deposit processing and paycheck printing.
- Updated state and federal tax tables.
- Data import/export for quarterly and year-end filings.
- E-file forms 940, 941, and/or 944, as well as nearly 30 state quarterly returns.
- A running tally of federal and state tax liabilities.
- SSN verification files.
- Secure data reports with encrypted files.
- Certified payroll reports and client letter formatting.
Additional Payroll, Tax, and Filing Software
- Software-Generated Forms: Along with special magnetic toner, this module will enable you to print your own MICR checks.
- Affordable Care Act Filer: Exactly what it sounds like. Ensure your business clients or supervisor that you’ll file their ACA requirements right the first time.
- E-File Direct: Our e-filing software offers an affordable, paperless option for filing your tax returns. We’ve also partnered with a third-party software vendor with filing fees based on the number of forms you’re filing.
- Forms Filer Plus: Provides access to additional payroll-related forms with display screens that resemble the actual forms.