Household payroll is an intimidating thing to many people. Just because someone has sufficient personal wealth and income to hire extra help around the house doesn’t mean they have the business and accounting background that speaks to these type of payroll services and form filing requirements. Still, there’s no reason to let this paperwork make you worry, much less rethink your decision to hire a nanny, maid, chef, gardener, or some other household employee.
As for the payroll taxes themselves, you can look to hire an independent contractor instead. What’s the practical difference? You won’t be able to control the nature of the service. Babysitters, cleaning services, and landscapers who charge by the hour and offer their own service packages and pricing models are self-employed contractors and small business owners who fall outside of the traditional employer-employee relationship. In terms of total service costs, there may not necessarily be a ton of difference. We can also tell you that, more so than other industries, it’s not uncommon for household employers to pay the entire 15.3 percent of the worker’s FICA taxes.
Easy Household Payroll Support
Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) is the answer for those households who are looking for affordable, user-friendly payroll software and form filing support. Our intuitive, menu-driven platform can demystify the tax withholding and filing process for federal and state agencies. No matter what sort of compensation package you may be thinking about offering your household employee, our software can accommodate the additions and deductions. Both weekly payroll calculations and quarterly filing forms are a breeze. This kind of reliable performance is essential for your employee’s morale as well as your own peace of mind.
Payroll Processing and Paychecks
- Automatically calculate payroll taxes for federal, state and local agencies.
- Supports all 50 states, the District of Columbia
- Easy payer and employee setup. Network and multiple PC installation.
- State and Federal tax tables are included and updated as needed.
- Up to 40 User Defined Fields can be set up for deductions/additions such as 401K or Health Insurance.
- Over 30 different check types and direct deposit are supported.
- Prints MICR checks – Software Generated Forms required.
- Supports Federal payroll forms such as the 941, 940, 943, 944 and 1040 Sch H. See complete forms list.
- Includes SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia See complete forms list.
- Exports data to the W-2/1099 Forms Filer for year-end processing.
- Includes the ability to magnetically/electronically file 941, 944, and 940 forms as well as nearly 30 state quarterly returns.
- State and Federal Tax deposit information, as well as disbursements, can be recorded.
More Software Filing Options from AMS
If you have an accounting background or solid math skills and a little extra time, you might be thinking about doing your own payroll calculations. AMS can provide the support you need for Schedule H Form 1040 and other employment filing forms. We can also offer a more comprehensive filing solution that lets you e-file and generate your own blank filing forms. Download our free demo accounting software, talk to Sales and Information at (800) 536-1099, and take a look at our entire catalogue of product modules: