Let’s start with the basics: The W-2/1099 Forms Filer is the base program for all of the federal tax software available from Advanced Micro Solutions. This platform enables our clients to fill out their forms on a screen that resembles the form itself. Between the default/define command and Common Payee File, you won’t have to struggle with the tedium of duplicate data entry. In fact, from the very start, this system will help you import your existing data from spreadsheets, text files, and print form files. This includes support for all W-2, W-3, and 1099 forms, assisting with everything from state-specific forms to FICA contribution responsibilities. These sophisticated data management features from AMS allow you to do more with your W-2/1099 software without worrying about the safety of your data or filing system. Plus, you’ll quickly and easily calculate everything from wages to FICA contributions.
Small Business Solutions
At AMS, our federal tax software is much more than just a standalone product. We offer software packages and customized solutions that help small businesses manage all their tax form generation, preparation, and filing needs.
But before we introduce you to our software modules, know that this federal tax software is backed up by AMS services and support. If you want to have a discussion with one of our experts about exactly how to build a software package that’s right for your company, you can call our Sales and Information line at (800) 536-1099. Or, if you’re trying to get a feel for how we deliver these powerful software features within an accessible menu-driven platform, we recommend you sign up for a free software demo.
- Generate Filing Forms: More than form preparation, data reporting, and electronic filing, you can actually generate and print most forms on blank paper with this software. Don’t fight traffic to get to the local IRS office or wait weeks on end for forms to be sent to you through the mail. This module includes the ability to print tax forms, payroll forms, and MICR checks.
- Support for Additional Forms: Some businesses have tax form filing requirements that extend well beyond the common forms associated with W2 and 1099 filings. If your company has federal unemployment tax returns, if your company does business with foreign persons and institutions, or if your company employees household or agricultural workers, for example, you may need the additional filing support found in our Forms Filer Plus.
- Affordable Care Act Filer: Just because you’re a small business doesn’t mean that you can’t have the 50 or more employees necessary to trigger an Affordable Care Act filing requirement. In fact, there are a couple different criteria that may make this filing and module a necessary part of your software solution.
- E-File with Federal Tax Software: Here’s one of the best examples of how we offer customizable software services. With E-File Direct, you’ll have a software module that allows you to electronically file an unlimited number of forms. Alternately, we’ve partnered with third-software vendors who are willing to handle your e-filing based on the number of forms you file.
- Take Care of Payroll Services: From check printing and direct deposit to payroll tax information and forms filing requirements, AMS Payroll provides a way for your business to handle its own payroll services. Or, for tax accounting professionals, you can expand your business-to-business services by integrating this module into your software solution and business model.
Understanding Your Federal Tax Obligations
If you’re researching federal tax obligations, the “FICA” is the first term you’ll come across. The Federal Insurance Contributions Act, known colloquially as FICA, is composed of two taxes: Social Security and Medicare. While tax rates very rarely (if ever) change, base taxable wages are subject to change each year. If you need more information about FICA and how to calculate this obligation, we have a dedicated resource you might want to read over.
AMS products are equipped to help manage these calculations, filings, and payments. If you’re interested in this type of software support, AMS Payroll may be the best product for your business. That said, we know most businesses will need additional specialized forms. In those cases, we recommend combining AMS Payroll with our Forms Filer Plus, ensuring you get all the software support your business needs to succeed.