Often, household management software is thought of simply as a personal finance system that tracks your household budget, and you can certainly find these types of software products out there, but there’s another type of bookkeeping software for people who employ household worker. Whether they be nannies, maids, butlers, chefs, or gardeners, pretty much any household service professional that you hire as an employee will create a certain number of form filing requirements. And that’s where Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) comes in. Our W-2, 1099, payroll, and Schedule H Form 1040 software solutions can take the daunting task of employer-based form filing and withholding responsibilities.
What is Household Management Software for Household Employees?
This type of household bookkeeping software is going to be a lot more complicated than your typical budget-cruncher and bill pay assist. To prepare your W-2 and 1099 forms, to prepare your Schedule H Form 1040, to calculate payroll taxes and income tax withholdings, to print your blank filing forms and MICR paychecks, and to e-file directly with the IRS, SSA, and state agencies, you need pay-for software. Otherwise, you’re bound to run into free software that’s not worth the trouble, and possibly an outright scam.
Here’s the good news: AMS offers low-cost, modular software options. This means you can choose a personalized level of support for your household management software. More specifically, if you have only one or two household employees and you have an account for paychecks and you don’t mind calculating your own payroll taxes, then you might think about forgoing our AMS Payroll module. You can still get the support you need for Schedule H Form 1040 and state-based unemployment forms with our Forms Filer Plus module.
That said, a better option for your add-on household management software is our payroll module. Discover what makes this product so popular with this list of key features:
Payroll Processing and Paychecks
- Automatically calculate payroll taxes for federal, state and local agencies.
- Supports all 50 states, the District of Columbia
- Easy payer and employee setup. Network and multiple PC installation.
- State and Federal tax tables are included and updated as needed.
- Up to 40 User Defined Fields can be set up for deductions/additions such as 401K or Health Insurance.
- Over 30 different check types and direct deposit are supported.
- Prints MICR checks – Software Generated Forms required.
- Supports Federal payroll forms such as the 941, 940, 943, 944 and 1040 Sch H. See complete forms list.
- Includes SUI forms for all 50 states, the District of Columbia See complete forms list.
- Exports data to the 1099 & W2 Software for year-end processing.
- Includes the ability to magnetically/electronically file 941, 944, and 940 forms as well as nearly 30 state quarterly returns.
- State and Federal Tax deposit information, as well as disbursements, can be recorded.
Getting Started with AMS
Check out our entire catalogue of products, especially if you’re interested in e-filing or printing your own blank filing forms. To see our accounting software in action, simply download our free demo. You can buy our software solutions online at any time. For more information, give us a call at (800) 536-1099.