A lot of small business owners first run into the issue of their tax ID number when they start hiring and paying employees. You see, there are two kinds of identification numbers. Employees and recipients typically use their social security number as their tax ID, but when someone or some business becomes an employer, they need a new kind of tax ID number, namely an employer identification number.
There are numerous ways to get this employer identification number, or EIN. If you’re like most businesses, you’re going to get your EIN online. If you’d prefer to use the paper application process, you’ll need to download or visit a local IRS office and fill out form SS-4. You can find complete instructions for getting your EIN number here.
Tax ID Number and Software Support
If you’re like a lot of small businesses, when you first start out, you’re using a standalone paper check payroll system. The W-2/1099 Forms Filer platform already provides all the software support you need for basic w-2 and 1099-MISC forms, as well as other 1099 filings. But as your business grows, this kind of support is going to become even more essential. Better yet, you can tie this end-of-year filing data with your month-to-month and week-to-week payroll processing needs. The AMS Payroll solution offers just the type of user-friendly, comprehensive software that’s necessary to combine payroll support with the rest of your filing requirements.
In fact, it was our loyal business clients who had fallen in love with the powerful and intuitive performance that asked us to develop a payroll software system as well. But the truth is also that the sophisticated module interaction of our W-2/1099 Forms Filer has always been part of what sets AMS apart.
Custom Software Packaging
One of the big ways we’re able to offer comprehensive software solutions at such affordable prices is with this module interaction. In this way, we’re able to provide all the same custom, a la carte features of cloud-based software solutions. And, typically, at a much better price point than the competition’s subscription-based cost model.
Moreover, it’s not just employers who need a tax ID number. Any number of financial service firms, real estate companies, educational institutions, and legal practices may have their own 1099 filing needs and tax ID filing requirement. Consider the features and prices that come with our entire catalog of software products:
- E-File Direct : For e-filing an unlimited number of end-of-year forms and payees. A third-party software vendor can also take care of smaller e-filing services charged per filing form.
- Software-Generated Forms : For printing your own blank tax forms and MICR checks, either as a primary payroll method or a backup for direct deposit processing.
- 1042-S Filer : For all your filings related to payments made to foreign persons/foreign institutions.
- ACA Filer : For your 1094s, 1095s, and filing support related to your client’s/business’s Affordable Care Act filing requirements.
- Forms Filer Plus : For all your unemployment tax filings and other specialized forms filing.
Download our free software demo and buy your AMS software directly online. Or ask any lingering questions by contacting our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099.