1099 FIRE is the system the IRS uses for electronic filing. FIRE, an acronym for “Filing Information Returns Electronically,” is the fastest, most accurate way to file any form with the IRS. This system can help employers file and report 1099 forms with several advantages:
- Files are processed faster and with fewer errors
- The FIRE system has the ability to accept multiple files for the same type of return, which is especially important for 1099s
- Fill-in-Forms are available for Form 4419 and Form 8809
- Participating states allow employers to jointly file within the system, streamlining state and federal tax reporting
If you’re looking for how to file a 1099 in the FIRE system, you’re likely starting from Square 1. We’ll walk you through the process of getting set up with an account. Then, you’ll be able to file 1099 FIRE quickly and easily. All you’ll need is a 1099/W2 filer to complete the accounting system.
File Your 1099s Faster
In order to file 1099 FIRE forms, you’ll need to receive a Transmitter Control Code, also known as a TCC. This is required to transmit information returns within the FIRS System. To do this, new employers will need to fill out Form 4419 electronically. Luckily, users can use the fill-in-form within the FIRE system to request a TCC.
Once you receive a TCC, you’ll be ready to start filing. Just remember to keep an eye on FIRE availability. The IRS launches annual updates, which can render the system unavailable to employers for stretches of time. If you’re launching a new business venture, it’s important to apply for and receive your TCC as soon as possible. Once this is secured, electronic filing is sure to go far smoother.
How Can AMS Help with 1099 FIRE Filing?
In order to utilize FIRE, employers must have a software or service provider to create files in the proper format. Scans of forms, as well as PDF copies, are not accepted by the tool. This is where AMS can help. Our popular W-2/1099 filer produces 1099 forms that are in the correct format to be filed through IRS FIRE. What’s more, our Forms Filer Plus can also produce forms compatible with the IRS FIRE system.
If you’re new to business accounting or electronic filing, AMS products are a great, user-friendly option. With our base program, the W-2/1099 filer, you’ll get an easy-to-use software tool designed to help streamline your business. Here are some of our favorite features:
- Supports W-2, W-3 and many 1099 forms.Click here for complete list Click here for complete list.
- The data is automatically saved through our 1099 software when a new record or form is accessed, thus ensuring edited data is never lost.
- Forms can be printed on pre-printed forms.
- Prints Table and Worksheet Reports along with Client Letters, Recipient Lists, and Mailing Labels.
- The Table Report generates hash totals of SSNs and TINs for checking data entry accuracy.
- E-Filer will electronically file your year-end W-2 and 1099 forms to the IRS/SSA.
- Supports up to 1,999 Payers/Employers.