Software solutions for 1099 forms are a vital resource in today’s business world. Whether you take care of your own filing requirements in-house or you’re an independent accounting firm that provides B2B filing services, consider the power and intuitive operation of our 1099 software solution. Take a look at the menu-driven display and the exact functionality of our software by downloading our free software demo. Or, learn more first about the different types of 1099 software support we provide.
AMS is proud to serve the W2, 1099 and payroll needs for businesses of different sizes and for businesses that operate in a number of different industries. 1099 business filings apply to virtually every economic sector and for many different kinds of skilled professionals and large institutional entities. The comprehensive features of our foundational platform can provide all the software support you need for your 1099 forms.
Common Types of 1099 Forms Filing
- 1099-MISC: Most often, this form is used for self-employed contractors. It also includes a number of “miscellaneous” categories including rent, royalties, crop insurance, prizes and awards, as well as certain medical and legal service payments.
- 1099-A: Use this form to account for the acquisition or abandonment of certain types of secured property not already accounted for by 1099-C.
- 1099-B: Account for proceeds that originate from broker transactions and barter exchanges. This includes the sale of stocks, commodities, debt instruments, and certain kinds of financial contracts.
- 1099-C: For the cancellation of debt, as well as the acquisition/abandonment of secured property. A part of this form may be used instead of form 1099-A.
- 1099-DIV: Use this form for dividend distributions and liquidation including foreign tax and federal income tax withheld on dividend payments.
- 1099-G: Certain government payments fall under this form including unemployment compensation; income tax refunds, credits, or offsets; reemployment trade adjustment assistance (RTAA) payments; taxable grants; or agricultural payments.
- 1099-INT: This form is used for interest income and payments not already accounted for as interest-exempt dividends.
- 1099-K: This form accounts for a payment card transaction or a third party network transaction made in settlement of reportable payment transactions.
- 1099-LTC: Long-term care payments and accelerated death benefits are accounted for with this form.
- 1099-Q: Use this form for payments made through qualified education programs.
- 1099-QA: This form is used for distributions made through ABLE accounts and qualified disability expenses.
- 1099-R: Distributions made through pensions, annuities, and other retirement plans need this 1099-R form.
- 1099-S: Use this for the sale of real estate and certain royalty payments.
- 1099-SA: This form is used for distributions made through qualified health savings accounts.
Additional Software Products
At the same time that our Forms Filer software provides support for your 1099 forms, it’s also delivering a sophisticated module interaction. This interaction makes it easy for you to build a custom, comprehensive, and affordable software package that fits your business needs. Download our free software demo or talk to our Sales and Information team at (800) 536-1099 about implementing the ideal system for your business:
- W-2/1099 Forms Filer
- Payroll Module
- E-File Direct
- Affordable Care Act Filer
- 1042-S Filer
- Software-Generated Forms
- Forms Filer Plus