The 1099-B form is used to report and comply with the filing requirements for proceeds that originate from broker and barter exchange transactions. This includes the sale of stocks, commodities, debt instruments, and regulated futures/securities/forward/foreign currency contracts, etc. This form is also used for property and service bartering, as well as certain types of acquisition control and capital restructuring that’s reported on Form 8806.
1099-B Form Software Support
As such, for certain types of brokerage and barter exchange professionals, support for 1099-B forms is often the first thing these professionals look for in a software solution. To this end, you’re not going to find a better answer than the W-2/1099 Forms Filer from Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS). This software provides support for all your w-2, w-3, and 1099 filing forms, including those related to brokerage firms, bartering exchanged, and similar financial entities. Consider the essential features offered through our Forms Filer software:
Data Entry and Printing
- Supports up to 99,999 employees/recipients per payer.
- Entry screen resembles the actual forms, or the Browse command offers data entry using a spreadsheet format.
- A Common Payee File allows the user to avoid a lot of duplicate data entry.
- A description of the current field is displayed at the top of the form.
- Data can be imported from a variety of common sources.
- “Define” default values for a form, such as State Code and ID.
- The data is automatically saved through our 1099 software, thus ensuring edited data is never lost.
- Forms can be printed on pre-printed forms.
- Easy form alignment.
1099 and W2 Data Reporting
- Table and worksheet print reports along with client letters, recipient lists, and mailing labels.
- Report generates hash totals for checking data accuracy for SSNs and TINs.
- Encrypted PDF files to securely email reports to your clients.
- Batch printing for multiple payer reports to save time and effort.
Firm-Based Software Features
- Free network installation and multiple PC installation (site license may apply).
- Supports up to 1,999 payers/employers.
- Creates an SSN verification file for the SSA.
- Optionally save PDF reports.
- Payer backup and restore available.
Up-to-Date Software Solutions
Did you know that there are hundreds of changes made to the tax code each year, on average more than one a day? In fact, the IRS website itself speaks to how dynamic the rules are for the 1099-B form. The basic instructions for Form 1099-B include a note to look for the latest information and future developments in which the IRS then redirects you to a more general About page that reveals any recent developments about filing requirements for broker and barter exchange proceeds.
Advanced Micro Solutions (AMS) is on top of these changes. Whether it’s software updates, new product modules, or customer support, you’ll never be without an up-to-date software solution that can leverage to full effect and better operational efficiency. For more than 30 years, AMS has demonstrated consistently superior performance for W2, 1099, and payroll solutions. This performance has also earned AMS a level of customer satisfaction and loyalty that we’re proud to maintain year after year.